God, Morals and anything else

sean - palm desert, California
Themes: tolerance

When you are growing up you are taught about two people at an early age God and Santa Claus. When you grow up you are supposed to only believe in one of them. When there is the same proof of existence for both of them. That amount of evidence is not that much besides a book and faith. Faith is a funny word, people use it when they talk about their lives ex. Like I have faith that God will put me in the position I want to be financially. I think that is an excuse for not working hard to get what you want. Also people use that word when they think of the afterlife and they say well I have faith that doesn’t mean anything if you ask me. If I am going to believe in God it is going to be because I want to believe in him not cause others say that he is there. There are so many things that push me to not believe in God or in a God in general. Tell me why a god would let genocides happen like the holocaust, or let the people in Africa live in extreme poverty while people in America can where millions in jewelry. Why would he let people get the death penalty that were actually innocent.

Morals is another issue that just confuses me where did they go I don’t know if people have any of them anymore. At least in America the kids and even some adults don’t have morals just simple morals. Kids do what they want when they want and nobody questions them. We don’t listen to our parents or usually any adults when really they usually know what is best. What about the parents that just want to be like the “cool” parents that buy their kids alcohol and stuff that is ridiculous if you ask me. Nobody really cares about education we just try to get through. We all learn the same stuff and it doesn’t help us outside of school. We are just like cattle as one of my teachers would say. We do as we are told and we don’t question anything are teachers or administrators say. It is not just for education it is with everything. When kids do stuff wrong they say blame rap music or violent movies but I think that is not were it comes from I think it is parenting or lack of. Rap music doesn’t make people do drugs it is lack of parenting or when kids fight that is not cause they saw it in a movie it is cause they want to fight someone and they obviously don’t care about what is going to happen to them. I am going to end this paper telling you what I believe about society and the future of it. I think that we all do things that might not be right to others and that is not going to change there is always going to be republican and democratic also Christian and Jewish also black and white it is never going to end so I think we should just get better at dealing with it.