An Angel for Us All

Nathan - Vista, California

I remember my first encounter with angels. It was in cub scouts back in elementary school. I was alone with my troop on a cold winter night. It was then when out of no where we heard a chorus of angelic voices. I can’t exactly remember where we were but I’ll never forget the sweet melody of their song that brought us comfort. It was there that I first believed in angels.

I believe every person has a personal angel sent by God in order to watch over and guide us through our lives. To me this angel could be a teacher, a friend, or just a symbol of hope. Whatever form this angel appears in, it is always there to catch us when we fall or to guide us when we can’t see. However, I believe part of the journey through life is finding that personal angel. I remember when I found my personal angel a few years ago.

In my early teenage years I remember slipping away from my faith in God and losing hope in humanity due to what I saw in the world and in people. I didn’t understand why God would allow such things to happen. It was then when my angel found me. I was 15. The angel came in many forms and it still changes forms today. When it first came to me, it came as a friend, an invitation, and a night that revived my faith. I don’t share this testimony in order to show my faith in God but rather for my belief in hope, the hope that everyone may one day find their personal angel to guide them in life.

My hope is that people can learn from their angel just like I have learned from mine. Through parents and teachers I have learned respect. Through peers I have learned friendship and kindness. Through church I have learned humbleness and humility. To me these have all been my personal angel disguised in many forms.

I still think about what I heard that night many years ago. I’ll never know whether or not I truly heard angels when I was young, or if it was some near by church we didn’t notice but I do believe that on that night, I was brought hope that no matter who you are or what race you may be or what religion you may believe in, everyone has some sort of guardian angel to watch over them just as our diverse troop had watching over us that night.