Tia` - Ann Arbor, Michigan
Themes: family, gratitude

My mom inspired me

My mom inspired me because she taught me how to be a woman. Looking in the mirror at her reflection putting on makeup and loving herself taught me how to be a woman. Being voluptuously warm and vibrant taught me how to carry myself with a certain coveted swagger. Showing me that although this is a “Man’s World” her power showed me that its truly a WOMAN’S WORLD. I always observed her with certain envy like I wanted to be a woman all too soon, so I could be so beautiful just like her. I think back those times with a prevalent nostalgia like it was just yesterday. But the reality is that I am a woman now and soon I’ll probably be the one looked at in the mirror by my future daughter. The cycle will go on and on and my legacy will live on through them.

My grandmother inspired me

She was so civil and humane because she always wanted to help people. She won several Mother Theresa awards working with the mission. I think there are so many people that need my help out there and if I could give up a couple years doing missionary work I’d think it was well worth it because nothing could replace feelings of pleasure from giving and pleasing someone else beside yourself. I wouldn’t mind going to Africa and feeding hundreds of people or going to South America and learning the ways of Amazonian tribes.

Children inspire me

Children inspire me because they are so innocent and their future possibilities are endless.

When I look at them see myself in them, because I have such a free-spirited child within me. I can identify and bond with them and truly become one of them, but I think children look up to me like a role model as well. I can’t believe that I was once so innocent and small. I reflect and think about my childhood. I remember swinging on the swings at my house and looking up at the beautiful sky through the leaves up above, feeling the air running through my hair and smiling at my mom looking through the window and my sister swinging also to the left of me. That is one of my fondest memories. Soon the present will be fond memories that I’ll laugh at with my close acquaintances. My mother, grandmother and children influence and inspire me in so many ways…they’ll never know.