Carrie - Vista, California

I believe that life is challenging. I believe that to achieve success at anything, you must work hard for it. Success takes motivation, dedication, commitment, and hard work. If life were easy and simple, everyone would be successful. It takes overcoming the obstacles and challenges in your life to be successful and to reach your goals.

I have tried to live my life according to this philosophy. I set goals, and work hard to achieve them. As obvious as it sounds, I have learned that it is hard to achieve goals without setting them. Therefore, I believe in the importance of setting goals. When you set goals, you create your own motivation, a purpose and a drive for your perseverance.

My beliefs have been shaped by my family and my life experiences. I come from a family of very driven and dedicated individuals. They inspire me everyday and remind me of the importance of hard work. My sister is probably one of the most driven people I know, and someone who is successful at everything she does. It is from growing up next to her and constantly trying to catch up that has shaped my core belief in working hard and challenging myself.

One of the most important things I have learned in life is that you cannot be great at everything you do. You can be good at many things, but there are only a few things you can be exceptional at. When you try to be perfect and outstanding at everything you do, you end up driving yourself crazy. Trust me, I’ve tried. Instead, I have learned it is better to accept those things that are challenging for you and appreciate them for what they are. It does not make you any less of a person to admit you have weaknesses and focus on those things you can succeed at.

I believe that you are responsible for your life and the choices that you make. The soul indicator of your future and your ability to succeed is yourself and your willingness to work hard. Life is a series of challenges we must face and overcome. I truly believe the older we get, the harder life becomes; but this is what makes life exciting. What is simple and easy are not the things that shape our life. It is through accomplishing goals and being able to overcome adversities that we are able to learn and grow.