Sara - West Bend, Wisconsin

I believe in everything you say or do there is another side of the story. Once we were talking about the Red Cross in school and this girl knew everything about it and it was so annoying! Then I realized that I did the same thing because I knew everything about Mount Rushmore and said it to others. Just then I realized everyone takes things differently like criticism to one person may be ok, but to another person it is disheartening. That is why you have to think before you talk or the other person may feel upset. Another time I was being teased about how I look when I saw how mean it was to do that to others. If everyone in the world presidents, garbage collectors, school kids, and teachers alike all thought or the other person before saying harsh words and performing harsh actions the world could be a better place for everyone. I believe in this like someone might believe in the sun rising every morning on the Earth, or the moon rising at night. I think the best medicine for this is to think how you would feel and then talk such actions like this may hurt the other person emotionally and you may not know it at the time.

The one time where this belief of mine was tested is when I saw two little girls on the “Carnival Cruise Ship the Valor”. They were about 5 years old and one girl says to the other, “You look familiar” causing the other girl to say, “oh yeah, then what is my name” real snotty like. The girl looked sad and said, “I don’t know your name I just said you look familiar that’s all”. The other girl replied, “Well if you don’t know my name I don’t know you!” The first girl just thought she was being friendly and wanted to make friends while the other girl thought she had just fought off a stranger and saved herself. Both thought they did the right thing even though from my stand point the second one didn’t have to be so mean. After thinking about this I decided to put my best foot forward and be kind to everyone and kept the mean comments to my self.

I believe this belief should apply to everyone. My belief could change the world all we have to do is watch what we say and how we say it. Everyone should take others in to play and watch what you say and that is why this is what I believe.