Alyssa - Vista, California
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in skydiving. Looking over the edge and free falling to wherever the wind takes me. Living life to the fullest. In order to fulfill this I must take risks which encompasses my belief in skydiving. Living on the edge, being able to look outside the plane and see what life has to offer me. Living in the moment and freefalling into life’s opportunities and looking around at the scenery and the beauty that is within life, but only if I take the risk. Although, throughout my life, I feel as though I have not brought my belief to full effect in always being known as the shy girl in class. I would constantly regret not saying something in class or to one of my peers. With thoughts of not being content with my life and not letting others see my true self, I began to look deeper into myself and my goals for life. As I grow, I look more highly on this belief of living life to the fullest and realize that I must take chances within the moment or I may regret it later. Within my struggles, I have let my fear of other’s opinions stand in my way of taking risks and doing what I truly want. It is just me standing at the edge, with no one else’s opinion having an affect of my decision to jump into life’s opportunities, rather than standing back and watching others take the risk. Therefore, when I look at my life I must not be affected by the opinion of others to hold me back, it is my life and I must make my own decisions to be myself and take risks even though others may be trying to talk me out of jumping. Now that I have the opportunity to get a fresh start through my college experience, my belief, I believe, will take full affect. I look over the edge, thoughts rushing through my head. But I must jump, freefall, skydive into the beauty of life. Living like there is no tomorrow.