Brett - Palm Desert, California
Themes: integrity, work

Working hard at a job or schoolwork will make a person more rounded, and bring a better feeling of personal achievement. Using somebody else’s work only hurts a person in the long run.

My father is a great man, and worked hard at any job he could do to keep food on the table. He worked as a restaurant cook, UPS deliveryman, and many other jobs. He has had times when he didn’t know how he was going to get by, and times when he was thriving and being very content with where he was. He had to sell his wedding ring once in order to get money to get by. He has always supported a five-person family with only his income, as my mother is busy with kids and school to work much.

I only work hard at things I am interested in, such as car mechanics, and car stereos, and it has hit me hard in my life. I don’t focus on subjects in school like math and government, and don’t do my best to pass those classes. It is affecting me big time in my self-esteem, and my relationship with my parents. If I were to work hard at school, I would be a lot happier, and have a lot better relationship with my parents.

When somebody tells a person to do their best at something like school, it is the best advice anybody could have given them. Doing your best in your school work, and any other work you must do will more than likely get you to your goal, and perhaps past it. When doing your best, you find out where your weaknesses and strengths are.

Most people in this world will cheat for a math quiz, or a job promotion if they could. It’s easy and gets you the same result as if you did the work yourself. However, it hurts the entire nation in that these people cheating in life might eventually become our doctors and politicians. Uneducated people who don’t have a clue what they’re doing can’t run a country. I want people like our early presidents, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln to run our country. They did what they had to do, and were honest and trustworthy in their everyday lives.

Bill gates used somebody else’s idea to get to where he is today. Although he is a very smart man, he still cheated to get to where he is. He stole someone’s idea to get, but it is overlooked because he is so successful. I like feeling like I achieved something all on my own as apposed to succeeding because of someone else’s help or ideas.

I believe I can achieve my goal of being a young entrepreneur if I really strive to get it done. My lack of interest for school will not be able to get in my way from getting to where I want to be. I can think of a thousand things that I’d like to do, and I will do it as long as I work hard, and stay dedicated. I will not use other people to get where I want to be, and I will not get ahead by using an idea that does not come from my own mind.