Tiffany Bonilla - Montgomery, Illinois

“Any men who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile… he can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, “I served in the United States Navy.” Among many of the men and women in the United States navy was my dad. From the years 1195-1998 was when he served. During those years was when he actually “grew up” and became who he is today. He said that the navy is a life changing experience and he still remembers the days when he was serving. I believe in being late for home. Because my dad was in the navy I had moved around quite a bit when I was a kid. When you’re a kid you adjust to new schools easily. You make new friends and best friends instantly. I couldn’t tell you how many “best friends” I’ve had. We, my mom and I, moved back and forth from state to state as what seemed to be every year. As I got older it became harder to move each time we did. Unfortunately, as you grew older it becomes much harder to make friends and fit in, with all the groups that have been friends for a while. I learned the hard way that it’s harder to make friends in middle school, and people are a lot more judgmental, and not as nice as in grade school. When I started making friends and finally fit in with my peers at school, I moved once more, hopefully once and for all. This time I took time to spend time with my friends and cherish the moments that I still have with them, as my best friends. When we hang out during the summer I plan to be late coming home and early getting there. Like my dad did when he was back in the navy, I plan to spend as much time as I can with them during the summer while we still have this friendship , so I can look back and remember, that these were my middle school years.