Lucas - wheaton, Illinois

I believe in the pursuit of perfection. Now a days you hear, “practice makes perfect,” or , “no ones perfect so why practice?” I think both of those statements are not true. Yes no one is perfect, but you can always strive for perfection. The definition of perfect is, entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings. No one is entirely without flaws or defects in anything they do.

Practice makes perfect. Everyone has heard that old quote before, but what does it truly mean. Well for one thing no matter how hard you practice, or how hard you put forth an effort to be perfect, you’ll always have that one little flaw or defect inside of you. I’m not trying to make anyone feel bad, I totally think that if you practice that means that you want to try and be perfect, and I definitely don’t think anything is wrong with that.

For one thing they’re is sports. I play a lot of sports, but I’ve never seen anyone who is perfect at everything they do. Practice is a great start in the pursuit of perfection. If you practice hard that shows that you want to be good at whatever you are doing, maybe even perfect. It bugs me when people think that they shouldn’t practice just because they don’t think you can be perfect. If you truly like something, whether it’s a sport or a hobby, everyone should try to perfect what they are doing.

In order to begin the pursuit of perfection I believe everyone needs the right attitude. If you go into a sport with the mind set that you’re not going to try to be entirely without flaws or defects you will have more flaws and defects then if you go into a sport with the thought that you wont have flaws and defects. People in your life also effect your mindset, whether it’s positive or negative. You should never let anyone tell you that you can’t do something or you’ll never be good at anything. It’s not about what people say that matters, it’s what comes from inside a person.