Kimberly - Hoffman Estates, Illinois

Rain pours down as she stands, drenched on the New York streets. He grabs her shoulders tightly, in a way that only means he is about to kiss her. Sharing that perfect kiss, the background slowly fades as two words appear across the screen. The End. I believe movies are a reflection of what life can be like for those who trust in happy endings. I believe that everyone deserves a Hollywood kiss at the end of their story, not just Audrey Hepburn and Julia Roberts.

With their eloquent speech and lady like mannerisms, I have always wanted to be like those classic, black and white characters, not because of their fame, but because of the last few moments before the credits roll. Those fictional women all end up satisfied, truly happy; no matter what they go through in the film, everything is solved by the end. I believe that endings full of true love and accomplished dreams are possible for everyone to obtain.

Some see it as childish for a seventeen year old to base life off of movies; I see it as hopeful. Where there is hope, all things are possible. I have learned a lot about who I want to be from infamous leading ladies who will be forever remembered in our culture. I trust that every human being deserves and can live his own happy ending if he overcomes his fears and gets through the tough times in life.

After turning eleven, my heart was shattered as my dad walked out on us, taking only a suitcase and his golf clubs with him. I remember that I was lying on our worn couch, watching Peter Pan, wishing I could fly away to Neverland. Wendy’s problems were left in the clouds and I wanted that. These legendary characters overcome disease, lust, and fear that continue throughout the film. In the end, audiences are left with the idea of smiling faces and full hearts.

Real people deserve endings where they’re cured of cancer, where they fall in love, where they are able to have a baby after trying for years. Ever since I was a little girl in my own ruby red slippers, I’ve watched the fulfillment radiating from my television each time I watch classic movies. I have grown up trusting that these endings are possible for regular people like me.

I believe in Hollywood endings for everyone, that every human being deserves his own fulfillment and happiness in life. Through all the struggles I have experienced, I believe I can live a life full of satisfaction and completeness. Things like divorce happen. Death, disease, and stress are going to challenge us as humans daily. However, if have the strength to fight through the tough times, I believe we can end up with all of our dreams at our fingertips. Endings filled with smiling faces, miracles, and rain kisses are waiting at the end of each of our stories; I truly believe we deserve them.