jake - wheaton, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

“I Believe That Time is a Valuable Thing”

Tic Toc, Tic Toc, time. What is it? Why is it so important? Time is what controls us and our universe. Now, I believe there is no such thing as the perfect use of time, but one can waste it. Think about it, ones life is under a time limit. No one can live forever. If you live your life the way you want to, you are spending your time here well. If you mess around all the time and spend your life constantly in trouble you are wasting your life.

Teachers always say, “If you use your time well you will get done and have no homework.” Time can control a lot more than school though. It can control who you become. If you are constantly under stress to finish things on time or early, and usually running around you might grow up like that. If you never worry about time and miss deadlines for no reason, you may grow up like that. I know this because my mom grew up having to get things done in a hurry so now she wants our family to move as fast and stressed as she does. Now either my self or one of my two sisters has a good chance of growing up that way. Then there are people like Homer Simpson. People who wait till the fourth or fifth notice to do anything. Time can also affect what you become in life. If you spend five minuets studying and the rest of the day playing video games you probably won’t be the smartest kid in school, and if you’re not that smart you won’t get into a great college and you probably won’t have your dream job. The other extreme to this is if you spend ten minutes having fun and the rest of your day studying you’re missing out on some valuable social skills or the concept of friends. So, you are probably thinking I rambled off and forgot I was talking about time. Well, I didn’t. Time relates to all of this: How you spend it, how you waste it, Becoming obsessed over time, or becoming a human slug, it can affect your job, and your child hood. Tic Toc, Tic Toc, time. The definition of time is: duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration. Basically that is a long way of saying the dictionary doesn’t know. It is so important because it really does control us and the way we live. Time is a very important and valuable thing.