galen - lutherville, Maryland
Themes: carpe diem

Life is short, shorter than one can ever comprehend until the moment death arrives. We live our lives as in a dream, for in a dream the act of waking is untenable to the mind. Death is not something we should fear. If we spend our lives fearing the death that is inescapable, life is wasted. Instead fear what your are unable to do. Fear the pain people who loved you will feel when you pass from this world. So I believe in simple joys, the tiny pleasures that can fill a day with achievement. The simple things are what make life worth living. The peaceful beauty of a quiet sunrise or the relentless pressure of sunlight can bind your soul together. A small gesture of love or friendship, so simple in one way, can take on a whole different meaning for someone else. The incessant beat of life, footsteps, traffic, or melody of soft whispers can be music enough for any day. Soft colors, simple and different are just as beautiful as the shapes they fill, if only one can stop to admire them. So bask in the sunlight and love the people close too you, for this is what makes life worth living.