Andrew - Greer, South Carolina
Themes: Christianity

I Believe

Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary defines believe as: “to have a firm religious faith or to accept as true, genuine, or real.” So, what do I believe? I believe in never quitting and being myself. One example of never quitting is when I play basketball and miss a shot. I think, “Aw, man,” and then I sprint to the other end of the court. Another time when I keep trying is in swimming when I get disqualified (which isn’t very often); I practice even harder. Most of the time I am confident with myself and believe in myself, too. Being myself includes liking bright colors. I have a bright yellow swimsuit and really bright orange pants that I wear without caring about anyone saying anything about what I am wearing.

My belief in religion is that I am Christian and I believe in one God. Ever since I was little, I believed in heaven. I have always believed that when people or animals die they go to heaven. I would put up crosses on my walls for people who died. Church is a fun place to go to because I am friends with our minister. That helps me listen to what he says and makes me believe in God even more. We help with the Two Cents a Meal program. Each person puts in two cents for every meal he or she eats every day. That little amount doesn’t sound like much, but with every person in our congregation saving money this way, we will have a great contribution for poor people who don’t have anything to eat. I believe helping other people is important. When I was younger, I helped raise money to buy windows for Habitat houses and delivered meals for Meals on Wheels.

All of my beliefs help me continue being who I am. As my beliefs grow, I will endure. My faith in God, belief in being myself, never quitting, and helping other people are what I accept as true, genuine, or real. These are my beliefs.