I believe in the inherent goodness of mankind

Zendi - Sweet Home, Oregon

There is an awakening taking place on this planet. People are waking up to their own thoughts and beliefs. They are no longer just taking the thoughts of others as their own. When people decide for themselves what they truly want in their lives based on their own beliefs and perceptions, not on dogmatic principles or passionate beliefs of another, time and time again, they are choosing peace. I believe that mankind is inherently loving and compassionate but our belief systems are formed by the thoughts of others from the moment we enter this world. And then as we enter adulthood, some sooner than others, we begin to realize that our thoughts are not our own. We begin to question our reactions to certain events and situations. And then, like a dam breaking in the mind, we are flooded with truly genuine thought. Our own thoughts. Sometimes we tentatively share them with others, “throwing our pearls before swine“, and are shut down, usually by those who haven’t opened up yet. But sometimes…. We share these pearls with someone, a stranger, friend or loved one who has opened up, who has discovered genuine thought…. and they encourage us….and we blossom. Suddenly we can see that many if not all of our beliefs have just been adopted from others, who adopted them from others still, and so on. This can be very disconcerting but I believe it is a beautiful thing. It has been my experience that when people are aware and having genuine thoughts, they are almost always desirous of peace, love, goodness and kindness in their lives. They are able to more easily perceive the beauty and abundance of life. They are no longer followers. They become the leaders of their own lives. They now understand the meaning of compassion and generosity from the heart. Throughout history these individuals have taught others how to be genuine thinkers and come from a place of love. They have been our spiritual and moral guides, people like Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, Mother Theresa, Kurt Vonnegut, John Lennon, and others. They were original thinkers who spoke about their truths without trying to force others to listen or to apply what they heard. People listened because these messages of love and peace touched them and they could see the desires of their hearts now having the possibility of fulfillment. Unfortunately, those not ready to think for themselves were afraid of these words, these thoughts. Fear causes us to think differently. It makes us fight for security and control; the result is that we try to dominate the minds of others. But when we truly open up our hearts and minds and set fear aside, we are able to see more clearly. Now we have genuine thoughts and our hearts and minds turn to love, compassion, generosity, and peace. It is for this reason that I believe in the inherent goodness of mankind.

OmShanti (a wish for peace)

Zendi