Ian - Rocklin, California

If there was ever one thing in life that was hard, challenging, stretching…its reaching out for the things that you truly want. Whether it be simply choosing a different street to take in your car, or turning from that which you really love…because your afraid. Fear should not control you, it should not sway you. Fear is what has driven me recently…the fear of loneliness, the fear of society, the fear that the next decision I make could in fact dash the hopes of a happy future. As soon as you start believing that your future happiness depends on whether you turn left here or at the next light, then every waking moment of your life will become that nagging feeling…the feeling of imperfection, of something lacking. No life is perfect as is nothing in it. There is nothing wrong with striving towards a better life…it is striving towards that perfect life that weighs heavy at the heart. To truly be happy is not to have a perfect job, a perfect family…perfect friends or a perfect spouse…it is the journey of life, and the opportunities therein that make our lives worth living. Going to concerts with your love, going to the movies with your friends. Joining a drama group, speaking group, bowling team…anything you want. The only thing from stopping you from happiness is fear. The fear of the limelight…the fear of society, of making that one mistake. But that very mistake, that mistake that will change your life and the course that it takes…listening to fear.