Stefen - Saint Joseph, Missouri

I believe that no matter who you are, what you do, where you come from, you are just the same as me. I don’t act as if I’m better than you because I’m not, I’m human and I have flaws just as anyone else. I believe that immigrants from other countries are just the same as me and you. They just want to have a normal life and what’s best for their family just like mine. I have some Hispanic heritage and it bothers me when people make remarks about “the Mexicans crossing the border” making a big deal. Americans everyday cross the border into a variety of diverse countries and they welcome us, but we show the opposite of them. I also don’t like it when we refer to them as “illegal aliens,” they’re not from space, they look the same.

I work at chili’s and I work around fellow Hispanics and they are some of the most respectful people I know. I hate how everyone believes that they are better that you, because they aren’t. People with money just have more things, people of different colors are not-so-boring as opposed to white, people who speak different languages are smart to come to America and learn to speak another language, and foreign people are often very respectful and welcoming. Why can’t we live this lifestyle? I believe that people can believe this way too if they just understand.