Vera - Pleasant Grove, Utah
Themes: pleasure

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

I believe in ice cream — Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, French Vanilla, Cherry Garcia, it doesn’t matter what kind. Sweet, creamy scoops fill a dish with caramel sauce drizzled on top.

When I feel down on myself, eating ice cream makes me feel better. The coldness of the food matches the way I feel on the inside, but the sweetness and richness of it is the way I want to feel.

I have always had crushes on boys: The popular boy in school, an admired singer or actor. However, the first boy I truly liked messed with my heart and started dating my best friend behind my back. They have been dating for seven months.

When I discovered what had happened I was heart broken, how could two people I had so much trust in do something so unfair to me? Deciding to rent a movie, I stopped by the ice cream freezer and picked up some Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough Ice Cream- my favorite flavor- to eat while I sulked. That ice cream was the best ice cream I have ever tasted. The taste was sweet and made me happy. I was happy that even though I didn’t get the guy like the girl in a chick flick, at least I knew that life would go on and I would fall in love with another guy someday.

I believe in ice cream because it makes me realize someday I will find that perfect guy. He’s out there somewhere. In the mean time, whenever I get lonely or sad, I sit down with my favorite ice cream, and when life throws me cherries I make Cherry Garcia.