Aubree - Orem, Utah

I Believe in Ice Cream.

Some foods in life just can’t get any better and then there are some foods that can always make things better. Ice cream. I don’t think it gets any better than that, and being the best, it automatically makes other things even more fantastic. It seems to be one of those things that brings into your life more than just one thing.

I believe ice cream gives power. The freedom to choose is an amazing ability. Choosing where to live, what to do, and how to do it brings powerful feelings. But what about the little choices that can be made? Like choosing my favorite ice cream flavor. The ability to choose is one of life’s little pleasures, and ice cream is one way to exercise that. What a pleasure it is indeed, to remember when I was a child and the ability I had to choose whatever ice cream I wanted. I would sit on the shiny, blue swirly chair and wait for the ice cream of my choice. It was almost always the same choice, a smiling little clown-face cone; but that power to choose even when so small, is wonderful. Besides power, ice cream also provides something a little easier to understand: happiness.

I believe ice cream brings joy. It has been known to perfectly end my night, or when the word is mentioned, to lighten my mood. It does this when I share it and see the delight it brings to others. It wasn’t too long ago that some friends and I were in need of a cheerer-up-er, so we went to the nearest store and each of us got a different pint of Ben & Jerry’s to share. Each of us was in a better mood because we felt happier and more content. As one person got happier, everyone else did, too. While joy is simpler to understand, another thing that ice cream does is soothe.

They say laughter is the best medicine, but they must not have known about ice cream. I believe ice cream heals. It can ease my wounded heart or inspire my wandering mind. It comforts when in need of comfort. Moms are also known to be great healers and they of course know best. On my bad days my mom always seems to know what I need to be made well, so she pulls out the ice cream and we relax and work things out. Ice cream can do amazing things.

Ice cream can do all of this and more through its diversity. There is always a flavor that can meet anyone’s needs. There is always something different with ice cream; there is no boredom or monotony unless self-bestowed. Ice cream has always brought power to me, has always made me happy and will always heal wounds of the day. I love ice cream; it makes me think of all that I find to be wonderful. Because of this I believe ice cream represents the world.