Rica - Flower Mound, Texas

I believe in truth. But what is truth? It is different for all of us. We each have our own version, our own truth. No one can tell us it is right or wrong, because it’s ours. We own it. We live it. We experience it. My truth is different from yours. I think mine is right. But, I also think yours is right.

My truth is about love. Love is the universal truth – undefinable, indescribable, there are no words…It is a feeling, beauty, joy. I want to live in this truth. I want to be this, to experience this, to give and receive this. It’s not hard. We don’t need to make it hard. We all have this ability. Our hearts have an amazing capacity for love. Love is who and what we are. If we strip away all the imagined barriers to love, forgive ourselves and others for all our real or imagined hurts, we can begin to open the door. Forgiveness is key. We hurt ourselves the most, when we don’t forgive. We block our happiness. When we truly forgive, we release ourselves and those forgiven from that burden, that prison, that pressure of imperfection. To forgive is to be free – free to love and be loved.

My truth is about beauty. I appreciate the beauty in my life. I love the beauty in my life. Beauty is all around us – everywhere. I thank God every day for the beauty that surrounds me. Nature abounds with beauty – the intricate, exquisite detail in an iris, the brilliant, iridescent feathers of a hummingbird, the dizzying, breathtaking sky as the sun sets over the mountains. Music is beauty. After I play Moonlight Sonata, once again, I thank Beethoven for helping me to connect with God through music – the universal language which we all can understand. It’s primal, it’s a force, an energy that can lift us up, up, up… All that lives has potential to be beautiful. Often our beauty is masked, or sadly unrecognized. As we realize our own beauty, we begin to recognize it in others.

My truth is about healing. We can all help each other to heal. We all have lessons to learn, healing to do; if we didn’t, we wouldn’t be here. We can open up to that perfection, that divinity within, and let that healing energy manifest through us. If we open up to our divinity, and don’t get in the way, we can experience miracles. I have.

My truth is that I am who I am – unlike all others, but the same.