Kelsi - Orem, Utah

I believe it’s safe to say that I’m not the only person who’s had a bad day before. I’m not the only one in this world who has felt the sorrow of loosing a loved one or the pain that comes with defeat. There are others who also know what its like to have their heart broken and their trust abused. No one is privileged enough to go through life without trials; trials accompanied with pain, sorrow, and tears. Because of that, I believe it’s also safe to say that I’m not the only one who’s needed a cheerful uplift before, who’s needed a remedy to help ease the suffering that is certain to come. Fortunately enough, there is that remedy and uplift. For the small price of $1.49, 7-11’s nationwide have invented the sugary mixture of a slurpee, available 24/7. During the 10 minutes it takes to completely drink the slurpee, pains can be forgotten for but a moment and thoughts can be focused on the deliciousness of what’s before you. So yes, I believe in a lot of things. But mostly I believe in the power and relief that can and will come with a slurpee.

I remember back to the last time I had my heartbroken. However small and insignificant high school relationships may seem, the feelings that accompany them are pretty real. The happiness shared is a real feeling, as is the heartache and confusion that is felt at the end. Real feelings deserve real attention, and what better then a slurpee, to help reminisce over the memories and to think about future opportunities. Who knew a slurpee offered this much?

I remember back to past experiences where I haven’t come up on top, I can’t help but remember the disappointment that came with those defeats. Whether in sports, academics, school competitions, or even issues between friends, I’ve felt defeat. I’ve needed to be reminded of the fact that everyone has their strengths and their chances to shine. A slurpee helped remind me.

I remember back to the countless times I’ve fought with friends and family members. The individual issues and details have been long forgotten, but the feelings of being let down and alone haven’t. Luckily, slurpee’s have remained faithful, never wavering or letting me down.

17 years of life have given me my fair share of experiences, my fair share of trials. I believe in pain and suffering. Without the constant companion of slurpees, I wonder if I’d have made it through them as happy as I have been, and learning the lessons that I have learned. I believe in slurpees because they’ve helped me do just that.