Kylie - Orem, Utah

I believe in sisters…

My sisters are my best friends. Some might see that having two sisters and three brothers would be a pain. But I beg to differ. Some might guess that every scrap of clothing, makeup, and shoes would be fought over continually. they are wrong. Some might believe that having sisters would mean endless crying, whining, and mood swings. It’s not true.

I believe in sisters.

My sisters, Dani and Kenidee, are always there for me, as am I for them. Many times after getting yelled at by my dad I have ran to my room to find Dani waiting there. She will listen quietly as I vent and fume. She understands completely and will add her own comments here and there. Having someone there to understand and share your emotions makes it a lot easier to cope with the situation. Soon we will end up in a heap of giggles, the matter completely forgotten. My other sister, Keni, has come to all of my soccer games. She is my number one fan. I can always count on hearing her cheer for me and encourage me to push myself when I am tired.

I believe in sisters. I can always depend on my sisters and their loyalty. We stick up for each other. Once in elementary school Dani was white-washed. No one does that to my sister! I beat up the kid as best I could getting white-washed myself. Dani then attempted to throw icicles at the kid who eventually left. We then walked home together crying hand in hand, but feeling victorious. Also there has been many times when I am left in charge of my five siblings and cleaning the house. I get frustrated with my spoiled and stubborn brothers. Instead of deserting me for friends, Dani and Keni chip in and help me. I can always count on them.

I believe in sisters. My sisters and I completely trust each other. We have stayed up past four in the morning whispering, giggling and telling each other our dreams, goals, and most secret of secrets, trusting that we won’t laugh, or breathe a word of it to anyone.

I believe in sisters. My sisters are not just my best friends, they are more. Words can’t describe the bond between us. It’s seems like love, sadness, loneliness, joy, tears, happiness, and laughter all meshed into one. I feel so sorry for any girl that has to live without the joy, love and comfort of a sister. I love my sisters. They stick up for me and support me in every action knowing that I will do the same for them. They go through the worst of times and the best of times with me. No matter what happens they are always there for me. Because they know that I will be there for them too. I believe in my sisters and they believe in me.