Christopher - Citrus Heights, California

I believe that kids should be able to make their own decision on whether or not they go to school. If they don’t want a good education or a decent job that that’s their problem, but we shouldn’t be making them go to school. If they don’t care about it than you will be wasting their time and yours. You put time in preparing your faculty to prepare lessons, and if the kids don’t care, and don’t get anything out of it, and don’t want to do their work, again you will be wasting your time. They shouldn’t be punished for something they don’t want to do. Sure, send them to detention because they don’t pay attention. That’s so dumb! As long as they are not disrupting or disturbing the other kids that want to learn than let them sit there. Some teachers are always on your case about things that you don’t even care about. You tell them kindly that your not going to do an assignment and you don’t care, but no they have to keep hounding you and hounding you. You tell them again kindly but no, they have to whop out the detentions! Which really sucks, because you didn’t do anything wrong, you just told the teacher your feelings about something that you have no interest in. I know your thinking right now, wow this kid is pretty dumb. But guess what? I DON’T CARE! This is something I feel strongly about. Hey, I don’t mind school, but there are those days that I don’t feel like going cause I am tired or I am sick. So you leave school early. You shouldn’t be punished for that. The administration hunts you down, they don’t realize that all it does is waste their own time and it doesn’t help anybody while they’re at it. They even send their hall monitors out “off school property before school even starts, just to try to bust the kids that are smoking even when they are not disturbing anyone at all. And they are way off school campus. It seems like they are trying to control us.