Jessica - Citrus Heights, California

Every one hates rules I don’t think there is one person that actually likes obeying rules, because being told you cant don’t something just makes you want to do the opposite. That’s why I believe that parents are in a lose, lose situation.

Parents always tell your kids not to drink. Ok your going to do it anyways and having them tell you that only makes you want to do it more. And they always have to ad and if you do it we will find out. So now you have to go behind their back and drink. So if you do that and you get away with it you feel pretty good about yourself, I mean you just fooled your parents. And if you get caught you can always pull the well you guys drank when you were my age. They should let you drink at home at least if you did it there they would know that you were being safe. They would know that you weren’t doing anything stupid that could get you killed and its not like you would have to drive cause you are already home. Since you can’t drink you have to lie to them. You have to come up with a place to go and you have to tell your parents that their parents will be there if they wont. And if you are actually going someplace else you have to make sure you get your butt back to the other person’s house in the morning. And some at times your parents are so oblivious, your sitting their hella tired, your head hurts, and your stomach is upset what do they think you were doing the night before.

So what if they did let you drink would you really drink less? Actually if anything you would drink more. If your parents gave you the ok to drink you would do it all the time because you wouldn’t have to worry about them finding out so if someone asked if you wanted to drink that weekend you wouldn’t have to think of lies because they wouldn’t care. Your also probably going to try other stuff also because if your parents are ok with you drinking then they are most likely going to be ok with you trying drugs. The most dangerous part is that you have a higher chance of becoming an alcoholic. Many people who start drinking young and often become alcoholics.

You might not like it now but you will later. You need to put yourself in their shoes would you let your kids drink whenever they wanted. Having them let you drink is like having them as a friend and you don’t need any more friends your friends are the people your drinking with what you need is a parent.