DeLynne - Traverse City, Michigan

I know that I am lucky. I have found true love, at this very young age of eighteen. True love is something that is extraordinary when it is experienced. What I have come to realize, however is that I have had true love my whole life. As of this moment in my life, there are six things that I truly love.

1. The all-mighty, all-knowing God has blessed me with many things; including his love and protection. Without Him I am nothing, but with Him I am everything. God knows my path and He guides my steps. I truly love God.

2. The combination of wind, sand, and water creates a magical feeling of absolute peace. The serenity of the beach calms my nerves and allows me to feel true complete happiness. Reading Pride and Prejudice and lying in the sand is one of the most treasured moments of my life. I truly love the beach.

3. My family is my support. They are always there for me no matter how many times I mess up. They love me for who I am and always accept my decisions. Their influence has been so powerful in my life. My family has shaped me into the person that I am today. They are my history, they are my blood, my family is my true love.

4. Competition is important in life. When I hold a softball in my hand I know that I’m in control. The way I throw affects every aspect of each game. My decisions matter. I am important. Not only do I enjoy playing the game, but I enjoy the exciting atmosphere. The feeling of pure enjoyment that I have after a game satisfies me. I wouldn’t trade the years of my time and sweat for anything. I truly love softball.

5. Food is my passion. I make a mean shish-ka-bob. The blending of the right flavors is hard work, but like anything it is rewarding. There is something very gratifying about creating a tasteful meal to share with my family and friends. Cooking the food is great, but it’s not even the best part! Eating is very comforting to me and that is why I truly love food.

6. My friendships mean the world to me. The love I feel for them is of the purest kind. My friends accept me the way I am: silly and lazy. They love me unconditionally. It is with laughter and tears that we share the deepest parts of our souls. I truly love my friends.

I believe that truly loving something is easy.