Moira - Frankfot, Kentucky

Roller coasters were always a big deal for me when I was little. I loved them? as long as they didn’t include a loop of any kind. While at a theme park with a friend of mine and her family, I stood in line for an indoor coaster with my friend’s mom. “Are you sure there are no loops on this one?” I asked.

“No there aren’t, I rode this a long time ago, but I don’t think you ever go upside-down.” She thought wrong, I pressed up against that shoulder strap for dear life the entire time, but surprisingly enough, it was fun! I loved it, and even though it took a little white lie to get me to go on it, to this day I love roller coasters and every one of their loops.

When I was younger I had trouble getting myself to speak. I was the held back girl that hardly said a word. Eventually I saw that this didn’t make me happy. I didn’t enjoy acting like someone I wasn’t, and decided to let go and be myself.

What if people didn’t like who I was? I was willing to take the chance and realized that being myself was something that made me happy.

Throughout my life I have run across many different fears that ended up making my life better. There are also other thoughts, thoughts that will never go away because they will never be fulfilled? many of them including the question, what if? What if I had gone on stage at that concert, or what if I had dated that boy? I will never know the answer to those questions because of my decision not to follow through with them.

There are some people that get a kick out of watching scary movies, even though they spend most of the hour and a half or so with their heads buried in the shoulder of the person beside them. Why do they do it? Why do they spend time watching a movie that terrifies them? It’s simple? they like the thrill and suspense. More than likely there will be at least one moment in that movie, a scene or even a phrase that will make it all worth while. I have realized that some of the greatest moments of my life began with fear. I was afraid to do something and after it was done found myself glad I had done it. These moments may not be huge life altering decisions? although some are? but they always end up finding a place in your heart where they will be cherished forever. Now, I try my best to do the things that scare me, because that is what I believe.