Brad - Wausau, Wisconsin
Themes: love

The Language of Love

“I believe in love, it’s all I’ve got.”

Elton John obviously believed in having a relationship, or at least loving and cherishing your family and friends. It’s funny that more wisdom comes from this man than from anything that the rest of the human race can begin to compose. Everyone feels the need to be loved or to be accepted. A family can usually suffice, but most of the time a person wishes to move beyond him or herself, and begin a family of their own. Love is strange in this way. I believe in love.

I used to take what I could get. I accepted friends that were available, instead of seeking out the ones that would always be there. Now being an eighth grader, I’ve gone through 13 years of my life, and I’ve learned a lot. You can’t always have everything, and not everyone is your friend. That goes the same for love, but is contradictory of your family.

A girlfriend, or a boyfriend is something that almost everyone strives for. You always want that one perfect guy, or that perfect girl, but they never see you. I’ve tried, and tried but nothing ever seems to work out the way I had hoped, or the way I had planned. But my family is different. I can beat up my brother, or break something of my mom’s, and yeah they’re going to be angry with me. But they always get over it. I might have some consequences, but I expected them.

But you’re never punished by love. Passion for someone, or for something is never a bad thing. The two people involved in a relationship, or a family, never see hatred. But I see it. Beyond the perfect family, or perfect couple. Hate grows without a notice, and suddenly when I hit my brother, he loathes me. He gets over it, yes, but for a moment, I am the last person he wants to be around.

“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” Hate is easier than love. Hate is much easier to generate than love, and can last much longer. Love can be difficult, or almost impossible to tolerate, but is much easier to accept. Although more complicated and complex than hate, I believe that love is too powerful to ignore. I think that hate is unnecessary because of its impossibility to understand and its difficulty to control. That’s why I have let hate go. I believe in love.