Trenton - Orem, Utah

Diligence and Hard Work

I believe that when done in diligence, absolutely everything is possible.

The last few years have been tough for me, due to new levels of competition and work that I’ve been entering into. Though tuff, the gain is worth it.

When I would get two to three papers, several assignments, club, scout and church assignments as well as my running and family responsibilities to plan and execute all in one weekend, I would panic, freak out, loose all sane thought and start muttering incoherently, it is was and will be tough. Fortunately I had figured out a system! I found that if I charged head first into my work without giving it time to scare me, it would blow apart like Jell-O and be easily digested. AMAZING who would have thought? The day I came across this manifestation, was miraculous!

I take you back to my ninth grade year, where a JR High councilor suggested I skip the honors prep and go into the AP Biology class for next year. Unknowingly I listened and prepared for my first year in the high school building as a sophomore. Two weeks and six tests later, I begin to realize that perhaps I should have instead talked to a high school councilor, about this high school AP course. With a desire in my heart to overcome the devil class and other things life was darting me with, my mind opened to solutions, which ultimately spawned this strive for diligence, eventually saving me from the greater storm, that class would unleash.

Around the end of a church conference the local favored collage track coach awoke me, by playing a track clip, of one of his best runners who a year previous had been a discouraged walk on. This runner had just taken the national title in the steeplechase, who according to his coach accomplished it through diligence and hard work toward that goal. That presentation really illustrated how effective being diligent can be. It was an ability I wanted, to be able to do anything worthwhile, to overcome and be victor over all trials such as academic and sports excellence, as well as being a good person. And thus far I am satisfied with how effective diligence has been, and I will continue to pursue a greater degree of diligence till I reach perfection, which may never be; nonetheless I will be able to enjoy the journey and rewards as I get there.

In life there are bad things that just happen, often leaving little control over the fact. It seems to me, that the soul purpose for there to be trail is too overcome it and make myself stronger from it through diligence; that I may face harder trails, fiercer storms, and more evil homework. Becoming more strong, secure, and happy after every passing trial. With a reinforced knowledge, I know that when diligently pursued anything in a good cause is possible. This I believe.