Michael - Fairfield, Connecticut

Life’s Little Tasks

Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a professional sports player or even a doctor? Let me tell you it is not easy. These people work at their goals everyday with the intention of getting better at what they do. This rule can be applied to anyone and even though I’m not a doctor or a pro football player I try and live by this rule. For example I have been a football player for some time now, and the first year I played I thought it would be okay to slack off a little so instead of working out I went to the beach or instead of running I slept in. Then next football season I wasn’t as good as I hoped to be and it was my entire fault. After a season of not playing that much I hit the gym and did at least one thing everyday to help me become a better football player. Whether it be running or working out or even not having that McDonald’s cheeseburger. The next season, I played much more and I was much better as a player. This is when it dawned on me that I could apply this rule to almost everything. School for example, is a great place to employ this philosophy, when I do my work and study hard I get good grades, but if I don’t study or do my homework I get bad grades. So now before I sit in front of the T.V. every night or do something that could be wasteful, I make sure I did something to improve the aspects in life that are so important to me. You may be asking how will this belief apply to me when I’m out of school. What about relationships, those are something that we have all through life and from personal experience if you are not doing something everyday to make that relationship better it can fails. It may only be something as little as a simple “I love you” or a hug but at the end of the day it comes down to those little things that improve relationships and help love grow.

I believe that my life is filled with things that I need to get better at and I if I am not putting that effort in to make those things better, they will get worse. Basically there is no staying the same for me, living life in neutral. I believe that to live life to the fullest I need to get better at the things that make my life worth living.