makayla - tracy, California
Themes: integrity

This I Believe…

When I was a little girl my parents always told me not to lie, or my nose would grow like Pinocchio’s. So of course I wouldn’t lie to my parents because I didn’t want to look like a freak with a long nose. They also told me t6 the typical Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, and Tooth Fairy stories. “If your not good Santa Clause wont bring you toys this year.” Or, “ you better brush your teeth or the Tooth Fairy wont give money for your rotten teeth.” We all have heard these ridiculous stories. Right? Well I did.

I’m sure that as we grew older kids all over learned that these awesome fairy tales were not real. Even though we still get presents and stocking stuffers from “Santa,” we know it isn’t true. But as I grew older I began to believe more and more of what I was told. We all listen to the politicians of our society. And we all believe most of them. Why wouldn’t we believe them?

I have become quite a gullible person. I believe in whatever I am told. Until the person who told me is proven wrong I will believe them. If you were to come up to me and tell me about your life and it sound normal, then yea I would believe you. Or if someone came up to me and told me about their long time dream of becoming president, why not believe them. It’s there dream. There is still the saying that words mean nothing without their actions. Well unless you have to prove something to make me believe it then, I probably wouldn’t accept everything you told me. So mean what you say and say what you mean. This is what I believe.