Cassandra - Orem, Utah

I believe in being my own driver

So I’m driving in my car and out of no where the steering wheel to my choices comes into view. I hadn’t seen it before. I’m glad I found it because I’ve been swaying from side to side, up and down without it; but I haven’t fallen off of any cliffs or dived into any oceans without it. It’s just that I wasn’t going the way I wanted to on my road trip through life. My gas tank of knowledge was almost on empty because I took too many long routes when all I had to do was read the map of rules. All these things were piling up but then my steering wheel saved me.

My Parents have also been saving me my whole life. I would get into an accident and they’d tow me to a repair sho. So who is going to come and rescue me now that I have a steering wheel? My parents can’t. I have no logical reason for them to help me out of a wreck because now I am accountable for my steering. Who is going to save me? Me! I’m going to take control of my steering wheel and drive because I believe in being my own driver.

I’m driving through my Jr. Miss Pageant, I am realizing that I am the only one that can workout, eat right, practice interviews, study for the scholastic portion, and practicing my walk- in order to do well for the competition. No one else can make my choices for me or transform my physique overnight. I must turn the steering wheel and push down on the gas pedal down to conquer the road to the title of ‘Junior Miss.’ Because I believe to be my own driver.

There are many drivers on the road that try to persuade me to buy the kind of car they have. Even though they have a porsche, hummer, or convertible- nothing can keep me from driving my own car. I’ve grown to love to protect my car. I don’t want anyone crushing or hurting it; because if they do then my steering wheel is crushed. So while a car swerved into my lane I push the gas to get gone from that vehicle- he’ll crush my car.

Sometimes I crash and sometimes I loose my way on the road. I’m glad there are people willing to sit in the passenger seat and help me get on the right road again, although, it’s up to me to let them in.

I do have to make important decisions while driving, so it matters if I turn left or right or go forward at a four-way stop. It decides which way I steer and the direction my life will go. I am the master of myself to make those decisions. I am my own driver.