Jordan - Frankfort, Kentucky

Surviving Death

I believe that my disregard for seeking solitude in the wisdom of others helps me discover a unique meaning of truth and create my own fate. Life is precious, life is short and life is eternal, for the memorable. Otherwise all the small things, the thoughts, the actions, the feelings are overpowered by death, which crowds our minds and weaves a twisted knot of explanation in the core of our being, holding up our tough but penetrable exteriors. We have all already lost the battle of escaping the truth of death but it is foreign to me to believe that we live this life to simply live forever again.

Death is one of the two inevitable truths humanity has defined and faced throughout its existence. Most of us have witnessed the brief aftermath of life, been to a funeral and seen how a body has reacted to the test of time helpless and unmoved by its affects. Now altered by the affects of how that time was used while it was possessed by the soul no longer present. My great grandmother is one that has encountered this fate, a fate we must all succumb to. A point where we forfeit our emotion replaced by all that we have lived and died for, enhancing the post death perversions of our life stories. Her funeral was my experience and it showed me just how much sense death doesn’t make. It is just a sad often incomprehensible truth.

My brief life has taught me very little about the most important things but enough to know what they are. Fate is not what we make of death but a definite truth and the only choice we have is how everyone reacts to it. Once dead we cannot impose our long lost hopes and dreams upon the living but we must live them while we are alive. This reasoning comes mostly from the death of my great grandmother which left me wondering how it is that we can be gone one day without a goodbye, only the end of what we understand to be life. Death is an expected explosion. Everyone knows it is coming but no one is sure how much of an impact it will have.

We all fear it, and hope to survive it after it has happened. When that knot inside of us is undone, and death occurs, what is it that the world will find that makes you different, and worth remembering over all six billions others who inhabit this planet?