Amanda - Frankfort, Kentucky

Life: A Never Ending Journey

After the death of someone you love, do you ever feel that they are still here as if they were still alive? Is it just a feeling to comfort us in a time of hurt or are the spirits of the ones we love still here to guide us and comfort us? No matter if it is just feeling a sudden cold chill or actually seeing the vase on the counter slide over and knock onto the floor, these are ways our loved ones are telling us that they are still here. My belief is that the deceased souls are here for a short period of time after death, and then they move on to come back to life as a reincarnated living being.

I have no proof that this does happen but neither does anyone of any religion. Can we truly believe what a book or a passage says about our souls when each soul is different and has a different path?

I was a Christian when my grandmother was alive because I always believed that God would keep her here with me until I was able to be on my own. She practically raised me. I always relied on her strength to keep me going. But by the time my freshman year hit, her health had finally caught up to her and she suffered with pain before she finally passed away. Ever since then, I could not trust God with the people in my life. And due to certain things that have happened after her death, such as her coming into my dreams to talk to me and some of her old possessions being played with like an old lamp being turned on and off without anyone touching it. I believe she is still with me, but will come back in a different form and somehow we may meet again.

We never remember our past lives because we have the same soul forever, but not the same brain. Every living thing has a soul and even if it came from a tiny insect, a withered tree, or a human being, all souls go through the same process in the afterlife. There is so much to be done on earth that we could never experience it in one lifetime, and even after death there are many things to do, like riding a drop of rain, experiencing flight through earth and space, and being able to watch over your family and visit them in spirit until it is time to return.

I have a theory that my great, great grandmother is in the reincarnated body of my nephew. They are so much alike; he is an excellent reader, lives for the color red, and can be somewhat of a smart mouth, just like she was. These could be mere coincidences, but I think she has come back as him to watch her grandchildren and great grandchildren succeed in a new time period in which she could not.

As man grows more advanced, we learn more about ourselves but never about what eventually becomes of us. That is what makes life interesting. If we did have all of the answers we would never challenge ourselves to surpass our limits, nor would we experience different things to give us a feeling of accomplishment. All we can do is choose to believe in something in order for us to go on day to day without thinking that we have no purpose so we can take a chance and live our lives the way we want to.