Jared - Frankfort, Kentucky

Love – Not Hate – For The World

There are many types of people in this world. People of all skin colors, beliefs and ethnicities. along with these people, there are those who hate them, and will do stop at nothing to either change their ways, or eradicate them. It is those people who I want to change. I believe in love.

Maybe it is just me, but I just don’t see any reason to hate an entire race of people. We were all made the same way, and we all came into the world the same way. So, unless some situation occurs and some dude becomes pregnant and gives birth, everyone will have something in common with everyone else in the world.

So here is a question for all of the haters out there: Why hate? I know I for one have always been told to accept people for who they are, and I know that it is preached all over the place, so the only reason that I can come up with is that you were brought up by haters and just don’t know any different and you are starving for attention. So I pose the same question for those who teach hate. Along with another: Why don’t you stop?

Are they just following tradition? One of the most well known haters are the members of the KKK. They have been around for over 150 years – so they hating of blacks, Catholics, and whatever else they don’t like today (it changes so often) has become a tradition in a sense. Why not just give up the hating? Is there even a point anymore?

Maybe that’s another problem, people like me do not accept the haters. Maybe that’s another step toward equality. Although it seems a bit far-fetched, and a bit hypocritical. I could try it. Maybe once people like me accept the haters, the haters will start to accept the people they hate. It might be a long shot, but what could it hurt? That’s how revolutions are started: one step at a time.

Why must there be hate in this world? Life is such a precious thing, and should be cherished by all. There is no need for conflict in this world, no need for hate. People are people, and we are all one and the same. We all should love each other, not hate – if not for me – then for the world.