Sara - Beavercreek, Ohio

Some days, I can sit alone, but not feel alone at all. It is during those moments I look back on all the amazing memories I have made with my best friends during the past four years of high school. It is hard to believe that it has come to an end, but I am thankful I was fortunate enough to spend it with the most caring and loving people I have ever met.

Our plans for the year ahead always began with a list. We made them on the nights we thought there was nothing to do. We found ourselves sitting around for hours, time standing still and laughter flowing freely. We talked about the times we had, and the times that would soon come. We jotted down a few simple “to dos” that would always quickly turn into elaborate plans. There were always many first times on that list, but now, four years later, everything has turned into our last.

We use to think our days together were endless. Freshmen year seemed like it would never end. Everything was brand new and exciting. We were meeting more people then we could ever imagine and our new found freedom was enticing. But soon it turned into our sophomore summer, and that went by in the blink of an eye. By the beginning of our junior year we were scheming of ways we could trump the present seniors when it was our turn to rule the school. We lived it up day by day; football games, dances, spring break and so much more.

It all came too soon. Now we are counting down the days until the first one leaves for college, and how alone the last one left will be. We are celebrating the end of high school, but we know we will miss the people and the times we shared together. Our friendship has brought us through, and our memories will carry us on.

This is why I believe in friendship, the kind that is always with you, no matter where your life takes you, and no matter how alone you may think you are. My best friends will always be with me. I will hold onto the memories we made in high school. I will bring them with me for the times when I feel alone, and I will look back with joy on the greatest time of my life, spent with the most amazing people I have ever met.