Hannah - Orem, Utah

Choices create consequences. Consequences result the outcome of a situation. Situations are the circumstances that have changed my life.

I believe in the power of ‘Twilight’.

A faint light reflected from the sky before the sin rises and after it sets. Twilight is a period where the sunset prevails into the dark of night, resulting into the full development of the pure glory, the rising of the sun.

Choices are the stars that set in the twilighted sky as the sin goes down millions more starts position themselves in the sky. Waiting the dawn of twilight. As the sin comes up most all of the stars fade, but there are times when a few stars are sprinkled though the sun lit sky. Nothing can hide in the sun. Consequence in like the solar rays emitted from the sun. Twilight is where choices are found by the rest of the world. There is no particular good or bad choice, the only wrong choice you can possibly make is not being true to yourself.

These choices are similar to one Edward makes from the teenage romance series, “Twilight”.

”Tell me why you hunt animals instead of people,” I suggested, my voice

still tingled with desperation. I realized my eyes were wet, and I fought against the grief that was trying to overpower me.

”I don’t want to be a monster.” His voiced was very low. (p 187)

Edward chose to sustain his thirst by drinking the blood of animals, though out his life he has been able to resist the craving for human blood. He found that living off of the blood of animals could sustain his life and was infinitely more humane than taking the life of a human. I believe it is wrong to take a life that is why I became a vegetarian. I found other ways to live my life without being responsible for the life that doesn’t belong to me. I believe all of the waiting on my dawn has broken though, and I have found who I am. I believe choices tell us something about who I am, that developing the strength and spreading the stars across the sky can awaken what I want to be.

So I will wake up to my lit dawn waiting for the next opportunity to cross my way. Choosing to help others at my own cost is the most selfless choice you can make even if it may seem insignificant. For I believe in the power of “Twilight”.