Andrew - Fairfield, Connecticut

This I believe

I believe to love thy Neighbor. I believe this based on the fact that I have always had good relations with my neighbors and I think it’s something that’s really important

I believe we should love (and respect) our neighbors because when and if we need them, it’s good to have someone there, this is very important. Whether it’s running over for a cup of floors, or needing them to take you to the hospital they will always be there when you need them

Growing up, my mom always kept me from throwing my baseballs in our neighbor’s garden, or driving my bike in their driveway, a favorite of many of my friends. Because of many of my friends “child like” actions the old lady that lived on my street hated most of us Every time our Little River mod rode our bikes by her house, a suspicious eye would be watching out the window at us. The only 2 kids on our street she didn’t hate were me and my brother, and whenever she was making brownies we were sure to be invited over. When I was 12 we moved to Fairfield, like every other place we lived; my mom would get us dressed up and walk us around the neighborhood introducing us to all the neighbors. I used to HATE IT because these introductions were always so backward. Going to school not knowing anyone made the invitations to neighborhood birthday partied appreciated so much. This was always an opportunity to get to know the kids on my street, and see familiar faces in school.

All my life my mom would constantly do annoying little things like this to please me neighbors I would always be annoyed with her and never understood why she was doing these overly nice things , none of the other neighbors moms did things like this, just her.

As a teenager now I appreciate her doing that because it taught me to love, and respect the people around me. I also understand why she did it a lot more. While it mayseem like such an unnecessary thing to do, if it was important enough for god to put in the 10 commandments, it’s important enough for me to try and follow.

My mom is someone who I hold very dear to me, and I try my hardest to follow her guidance. I have always respected her and loved her and everything she taught me. Thus, I have always respected and loved my neighbors. In return, they have always been respectful to me, and always been their to love me when I needed it. I can never show both them and my mother just how much I appreciated it. That is why this is so important, and that is why I believe this.