Andrea - m, Arizona

I Believe Essay

A belief shows faith, confidence, trust, and a level of certainty of the truth of something. I believe that having a belief is key to happiness and success, and vital in finding peace in this world. To have a belief or a firm conviction and to live by that belief prove dissimilar. The will to live by these beliefs verifies the difficulty and temerity of character.

I believe I have a divine nature and that I am a child of God, created in His image. I believe He loves me, and leads and guides me and in a sense walks beside me to direct me in a path that will eventually lead back to Him. I believe in standing as a witness of Him at all times, and in all places. I believe in faith, not to have a perfect knowledge of all, yet hopes of ideals and notions that can not prove.

I believe in agency and accountability and with this comes responsibility and self discipline. I believe that there comes a responsibility with my choice of music, television, leisure activities, the language I employ everyday, modesty in dress and actions and my selection of friends. I believe as I discipline myself to listen to and watch uplifting music and television and wear clothing that promotes decency, I better myself with the diligence of keeping high standards. I believe that the character that forms from my self discipline will rise with me in the resurrection.

I believe I have a worth as an individual, its protection lies within chaste behavior. I believe that one can go much further on respect than on popularity. I believe in honesty, one cannot exert honest to others unless he behaves honestly towards himself first. I believe in courage, the courage to stand up to peer pressure, to resist temptation, withstanding ridicule, and to stand up for the truth. A courageous person has the admiration of all; I hope to be a person of this great virtue. I believe in gratitude, and in living with a spirit of thanksgiving. Even in the most difficult of times I always have much to be grateful for. I believe in showing good manners towards one and all. Everyone deserves my respect and ought to receive it. I believe in the golden rule, doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.

Stating these beliefs allows me a guide and goals to direct my life in a direction where I ultimately hope to arrive. These beliefs steer my life and my choices daily, even minute my minute. It will take audacity, boldness and conviction to live up to and adhere to the virtues I have set in a world of countless vices.