Sonja - Kodiak, Alaska
Themes: pleasure

I Believe in the Power of the Shower

A simple shower can make your whole day better. In the morning, you wake up and feel very tired. If you take a shower it wakes you up. It makes you feel clean and refreshed. The hot water running down your body, washing away all the unpleasant feelings, this can make your day.

Showering can help you think through any problems. You can just think of nothing. This is a time for you. No one can invade, unless ofcourse, you forgot to lock the door. In that case it can be a very awkward situation. But other than that, showering is a time to know who you are. A time to sing, a time to think and, well, get clean.

People can take simple luxuries like this for advantage. They may think it’s just a simple task in their day. If you are one of those people, make sure, the next time you shower, you enjoy it. The shower is an amazing thing.

If it’s a weekend and your planning to do a lot of activities but first you want to sleep in. By all means, sleep in, but usually when you sleep in you want to just lay around for awhile, watch some television and other very relaxing things. But then you find you don’t feel you have enough energy. So what do you do? You take a shower! After, you change into clean clothes and you’re good to go.

It depends on your situation to what temperature it needs to be. If you just came from a freezing cold softball game and you’re soaking wet. You very well may find yourself taking a hot shower. On the other hand, if it’s scalding hot out and you’re all sweaty from jumping on the trampoline, you’ll be taking a fairly cool shower. In the morning, it totally depends on what kind of mood you’re in. I personally change the water temperature throughout the shower. At the very beginning I have it as hot as I can stand it without burning myself. By the end it’s only lukewarm so that it wakes me up.

If you take time to think about a simple shower. You’ll come to find that it may have the power to change someone’s life.

This is why I believe in the power of the shower.