Weston - Mesa, Arizona

This I believe. I believe in the power of friendship, and the effect that your friends have on your life for both good and bad. If there is one thing that I have learned over the years it is that there is no substitute for a good friend. No television show, car, or computer game is capable of replacing the importance of the friend. This friend can be anyone. He can be the best friend you have had since elementary school, or your brother or sister, or even a parent. Regardless of who your friend is they fill a certain gap in your needs. A friend is someone you can just talk to. It could be someone you do things with, or someone who is just there when you need them.

I have many friends who may not be my best friends, or who I don’t always do things with, but they are my friends nonetheless. I have a friend who I do not hang out with much anymore, but who I can just call up at any random time and just talk. I have another friend who I have known since pre-school. He and I were best friends and were always together till about fourth or fifth grade. After that we didn’t really talk till about seventh grade, however we then became really good friends. This same thing happened again at the beginning of high school, but here we are again good friends. The last friend I am going to talk about is very reliable and has always been there for me. He is also, simply put one of the best people I know. This is of course my dad. My dad and I have one of those relationships where we are so close, and spend so much time together that our brains just run on the same path. For instance at dinner the other night he was serving himself potatoes, and then he just put some on my plate. This may just sound like an obvious thing to do, however we have probably been through the same kind of scenario hundreds of times when he has not done this. Somehow he just knew that right at that moment, without me moving or saying a thing, that I wanted some potatoes. The point that I am making is that friends come in all shapes and sizes. Whether they are someone you just call on and vent to, or someone you go out and golf with they all serve the purpose of making life interesting.

Another thing that I have learned in life is that if you surround yourself with good people who accept you for who you are, and not for who you aren’t, then life will be much easier and altogether much more enjoyable. After all, at the end of our lives, we aren’t going to remember our fancy cars, or our big television screens, we are going to remember our relationships, our memories, and most importantly our friends.