mahmoud - manchester, Connecticut

Time Management

Time is a piece of gold, that’s how I see it. Time is everything in my life, starting from the moment I was born to the moment of happiness and sadness in my life, to the moment I will die. People measure time by years, months, weeks, days, and hours. But sometimes minutes and seconds matter and make a difference. In sports for instance, I won’t give up if my team was loosing in a basketball game, because the game would stay alive until the last seconds of the game, and this second might determine or change the result of the whole game.

Because time is so necessary for my life, I should control it and don’t let it control me. I should be able to manage my time, because the more I will be able to manage my time the more successful and better I will be. Let’s take me as an example, time management has been a problem for me, where I am still working on it to make it more organized and efficient for my daily activities. I work part time and I am enrolled at college, and I spend the rest of the time having fun here and there. It has been a real problem for me to set time for studying. It seems like when ever I hold a book and try to study, something pops up in my face and grabs my attention; it could be anything like a sport event on the TV, a favorite TV show or it could be a call from one of my friends that forces me to reschedule the whole day because I had to hang out with them that day.

It was really hard for me to lock myself into my room and study. I almost dropped school because of the time problem. After a while, I forced myself to try to study for at least one hour a day. I tried to study away from TV and I tried not to pick up some calls from my friends during studying time. I stayed away from any device of distraction. I set time and an organized schedule for all of my daily activities. I am able to control my time now, which had increased my school grades and took off some of the stress I had because of the time problem. I feel more successful in life now, and I encourage everyone who wants to see success to conserve the time as much as they can, and spend it in useful things and try to control it; otherwise, people will always run out of time