Mary - Palatine, Illinois

I believe that the only thing worth living for is kindness–and to change others with that kindness. This is what I believe.

Repeatedly in history has society destroyed and dehumanized a group or groups of people. It has been cruel, discriminatory, and racist; it was judgmental, oppressive, and unmovable. And yet repeatedly, still, we make judgments; we are still cruel, we are still unmovable. I believe there is no other way to live except progressively. I believe there is no other way to live except to accept.

I believe in the power of one person to change lives. And it’s not through politics. It’s not through medicine. It’s through kindness. It’s through the ability to touch someone’s life; it’s through the ability to brighten someone’s day; it’s through the ability to change someone’s outlook on life. It’s through the ability to see that every person is beautiful, and it’s through the desire for each person to acknowledge that they are beautiful. And the ability to do so is found in every person–it’s found in me, and it’s found in you–and it’s found in kindness.

I believe that if every person went around thinking about what they could do for others and not about what others could do for them, our world would be a different place. People would be happy; people would be inwardly satisfied and content.

I believe in kindness. This is what I believe.