Lindsey - Oscoda, Michigan

I believe in fear, fear or the future, fear of the unknown, fear of life. Fear is a guiding light, especially for me. I am an over-thinker and every turn I take, every change I make is thought out and planned. Spontaneity is just clearly not in my vocabulary, in fear of the what ifs. What if I can never show my face again or what if it just won’t be worth it, what if it won’t matter in ten years? Thinking about the infinite what ifs is my ultimate fear. Failure comes a close second, what if it is not enough? All my efforts go un-noticed and everything was for nothing. Everything cannot be for nothing, and in some cases you

can’t let the fear overcome you. You have to take charge and tell yourself it’s all worth it. If everything was gained without hard work and effort then nothing would be worth it.

Fear is a strong force that is omnipresent and no matter where you go, it’s always there following you. Attacking your dreams, aiding your depression and preying on your hope. The key is to allow it to be there, be present, without interfering. Without fearing the fears you have, don’t fear, fear, in doing so you are enabling it to scare you. Overlook the obstacles and the effort, and try with fear of lack of trying. Change your fears, make new fears, set the fear as the obstacle and defeat it. Once you have accomplished this you can erase that fear and create new ones. Some say set goals, I say set fears, the only way to improve, to change for the better is to overcome the worst fears.

There are several ways to accomplish this. Overcome the deepest fear first to encourage you to set out against the smaller ones. Or build up your confidence through overcoming smaller fears until you are ready to face the big ones. Some fears cannot be overcome, and these fears also make you stronger. Through fear you gather strength and focus it. Fear is a guiding light, but don’t let it be the sole guide to your journey, to your life. I believe in fear and I believe fear isn’t a wall, it’s an open doorway.