Tommy - Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Themes: love

I believe that interpersonal interaction is the ultimate human experience. I believe that the meaning of life cannot be expressed in words, but it can be felt in every connection between people. The ultimate human desire is to find a link between us and someone else.

A human’s natural inclination is to choose a mate and stay with that mate for life. I emphasize “natural” because it’s a common factor in all of us; we all crave the presence of another human. Instead of sitting home alone during the weekend, the vast majority of people will find something to do with their friends. Even at work, no matter how hard our cubicle walls try to separate us from each other, we find a way to make friends and interact with the community. There’s a big word, community. Another natural behavior of humanity is to organize itself into communities, groups, gangs, whatever. Being able to make contact with another human fulfills some primal desire within us. It gives us feelings of security, strength, and also, love.

So what is love? Love is a bond that satisfies the innate desire to be close to someone else. But love is only an idea, and it is individual to everyone. What satisfies one person’s needs will not necessarily satisfy everybody’s. However, the basic satisfaction of love comes from the interaction of people.