Keri - Gilbert, Arizona
Themes: work

Working Hard

“Keri H– cosmetology,” said the principal of Evit. As I walked across the stage to receive my certificate, it hit me. I’m finally done after two years and 1600 hours later, I’m finally done. What a relief. To me those two years was a life time. My dad always told me, “You work hard, and you can achieve anything.” By pushing myself now I have set my career for the rest of my life or for at least right now. My dad told my that I’m worth the best but the best doesn’t come easy you have to work for it. And by working to gain something gives you a better feeling than just having it given to you. By working hard for the past two years I have gain a career right after high school. Why’ll most kids after high school are still trying to decided what they want to do with their lives. Not me I’m set and can decided later on if this is the rights path for me.

Working hard is not on most teenagers’ minds. Around here most of the kids do not have to work for anything because it is handed to them on silver platter. But in my case I’m glad that my father did not just give me things. I think that working hard prepares you for the real world. It gives you that sense of wisdom when you leave high school and start your life. The feeling that I got when I received that first pay check when I was fifteen gave me the feeling of accomplishment. Sometimes working hard the rewards come later in life and people give up because they grow impatient. You have to wait and one day you will see the rewards for all your hard work. Achieving something is far more better than just getting something with out earning it. It is like when you earn that A on a test you feel like “Wow I did this studying really paid off”. That is how I feel. I believe that if you work hard you can achieve greater things.