Aaron - Gilbert, Arizona

Dreaming into the real world

18 years old. 15 of these years I have been dreaming of how one day I will become something that will be apart of something. These dreams, I believe, make up how I act, how I think, and what I do. The dreams of making something better of myself, maybe a rock star, professional athlete, or even the sixtieth president.

My dreams have pulled me through my rough times by providing hope to my mind. The dream of making something better of myself, in my eyes, is the American way. In my life I have used the hope of becoming a professional athlete, more specifically a member of the PGA Tour. This dream of mine has propelled me through life, it has been the rock lean against during the good times, and the pillow to comfort me during the hard times.

This dream, until recently, had only been a dream. At the beginning of January I received a phone call from Jerry Burgess, the Chandler-Gilbert golf coach, informing me that he was interested in the resume that I sent him. He explained that though there was no letter of intent he could give me, he did want me to come and try out for the team. I did and my new position on the Chandler-Gilbert Community College golf team has proved not only to myself that I have what it takes to make the pro tour, but also the rest of my family.

This rock has been the only true unchanging aspect of my life. While my life seemed to fall apart around me, family problems, school problems, and social problems, I seemed to feel better out on the practicing or providing a little competition with some friends for a soda or something. Golf just made me feel free inside with no worries and just good times. Though, now, that this rock has evolved into a gigantic boulder it still serves its purpose, getting me through life.

No matter the dream, no matter how unreachable it may seem, it will serve its purpose. It will provide hope and help me get through life and the great thing with dreams is that they can evolve into something that I was not hoping for—an opportunity to become part of a legacy