Ashlee - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: love, setbacks

This I believe, love is the strongest thing on Earth.

I believe in love. Love can come at any age. I fell in love when I was 15 and I have loved him ever since I met him. He is the quarterback for my school. He is the most perfect guy I think I’ll ever meet. We have so much in common. We’re athletic, funny, we act so young, college bound, and so much more. When everyone found out about us dating, all they could do was hate on us. Everyone told me that he had to have had more than one girlfriend because he was the quarterback, and people told him I was cheating on him. We pushed through all of this, and are still together today. He tells me all the time how hard it is to be in love with me, and how much stress it is on him. But he also tells me that every little bit of stress is worth it as long as he is with me for the rest of his life. On our 1 year anniversary he gave me a gorgeous promise ring. He told me that the day he graduates will be the day he proposes to me (in front of everyone). We both decided that we’ll get married about 29 or 30.

Love can be a very painful thing. We both overcame a miscarriage 3 days after Christmas. Even though we are young we still took it as if we were 30. It was a very hard time for the both of us. We cried just as much as anyone would. He didn’t want to see me for a while after that because it reminded him of what he lost, but he made sure that he called me every night to tell me he loved me. Sometimes I think about it and it makes me sick to my stomach. He brings it up occasionally and we talk about how it would be if we would have had the baby, what our lives would have been like, our relationship with our parents and with ourselves. He has two older brothers that are a junior and a sophomore in college and they both have a baby. When we first met he told me that he didn’t want to be like them. He said he would have been there for me and the baby for as long as I wanted him to be around. I told him to never leave me.

We have a true bond that can’t be broken and I feel it every time we’re together. We put each other before ourselves. My mom constantly tells me that when he goes off to college we won’t be together any more. She says that he’ll find someone else, but I have never believed her. Don’t get me wrong. We are defiantly not the perfect couple. We have arguments and times when we just don’t talk, but that rarely ever happens. We also have trust issues that are in the progress of being worked out. Those all started from the rumors. We pushed through that like we have everything else. We are a very strong couple, and no matter what ever happens between us he will always be the love of my life.