Jessica - USA
Themes: family, setbacks

Love Some One You Barley Know

I believe that you can love someone you barley know. Also that family is one of the best things you have. I say this because when I was a little girl I was abandoned, by my Biological mother . . . or so I was told. But she left me when I was 3 years old. Before me there were other children she had. Their names are Kristen (my oldest sister) and Todd. Now after my mother was gone when I was three I still got to see Kristen and Todd. Until I was five. Then my father got remarried and I never got to see them again until this passing Christmas. This Christmas I went to my cousins house and Todd . . . (My 18 year old brother.) He was stung out on drugs because of some girl, Whitney. It hurt me to see my brother like this. . . Honestly I felt like if I would have been there then there wouldn’t be this problem. Somehow I think I could have saved him. After I meet him he didn’t have much to say. He spent the whole time with her instead of me. Then a week later he was put in a rehab for the drugs, and I haven’t heard the name Whitney science.

My sister, Kristen is the reason he went to rehab. She paid for it. My sister found out that I talked to him and she was sad. Cause she didn’t get to speak with me. Now my sister is 20 and had a very bad job. When I started talking to her, my adopted mother knew what her job was and would only let me see her when she was around. Which was once. My sister would always ask for me to see her but when I would ask my mom she would get so upset and all we would do is fight the whole time about how I don’t need to see her and I have family at home why cant I just be happy with that. It hurt so I would make up some reason why I couldn’t see her. So I didn’t hurt her feelings about how my mother wouldn’t let me cause of her job. Me and Kristen are as close of sisters we can be but when she text me and told me she didn’t work there I kind of slipped up and told her why I couldn’t see her when she worked her job. She was hurt that I lied to her and didn’t just tell her the truth. She didn’t understand that I didn’t want to hurt her feelings. Cause I felt like I might loose her again if I would have told her the truth. Some times I feel like I have been cheated. Cause I have a lot more brothers and sisters that I don’t know anything about. I can never talk about it to my mom cause she gets so upset that I just don’t forget about them. She doesn’t understand that I consider everyone, My biological mother, my adopted mother and my father all of them family. That would not be fair to any of them if I forgot any of them. She would get mad if my dad asked me to forget her so why ask for me to forget them. I love all my family and I would do anything for any of them. No matter where they come from or what they do they are FAMILY.

This is my statement and this is why I feel this way.