Yvonne - Turlock, California

I believe its when people leave you forever until people now really realize what they always had by their side.

There’s teenagers these days that don’t appreciate having parents that really love them and care about them, when there’s other kids on the streets dying of hunger wishing they had a family. Whishing they had parents which they could hug everyday. Which they could kiss everyday before going to sleep, just wishing one day they could say the worlds “mom” and “dad” again at least one more time.

We should thank god he have us the opportunity to have a family because we are really lucky to have one. So really enjoy them rite now that they are still by your side because you never know what surprises life might bring. But why is it that most teenagers don’t appreciate that. Most of them treat their parents like trash every day.

I know this girl who used to have the most wonderful parents any teenager could ask for. They would always be there for her. They would always buy her everything she wanted. They used to treat her like a princess. Didn’t ,make her do chores or anything .They loved her so much.

But that girl used to treat her parents like shit. She used to always be arguing with them every minute. Their wasn’t a day that she didn’t argue with them.. She wouldn’t even listen to them, she would always ignore them. That girl would hit her parents and laugh in front of their faces. She used to always make her mother cry. Everyday she would tell her how much she hated her and how much she wished she was dead and wasn’t her mother. She used to tell her mother she was embarrassed of her just because she would always be telling her what to do, giving her advice, and asking her to give her kisses in front of her friends. She would embarrass her mom in front of her friends by telling them she was her servant not her mom. Her mom would always brake down in tears. And her friends used to always ask her why her mom would always cry and she would tell them it was because she was just crazy and had mental problems.

She used to use her dad to get everything she wanted and needed.

But one rainy night, that girl received a phone call from the police, they told her both of her parents had died in a car accident. That girl couldn’t believe it. When she got their were the accident had happened and saw her parents bodies which she wouldn’t see anymore, she broke down in tears. She felt sorry for treating her parents the way she did. She wished she could of told her mother how much she always really loved her, and tell her sorry for all the pain she had caused her. When they’re gone you get to see all the things they really did for you; they took care of you when you were ill, they gave you a warm place to live in, they feed you, provided you clothes so you wouldn’t pass cold and all the sweet things parents do for their children. It’s those kinds of things that you miss the most about them when they are gone. Because its until they are gone when you really understand how much they loved you and really cared abut you. And you realize how much you loved them and cared about them too.