Selenne - San Ysidro, California
Themes: carpe diem

Time Flies

As a young teenager, I have already started to prepare for my future. Time flies as birds spread their feathery wings across the blue sky. I believe that my life could change under a second.

Tic, tock, tic, tock the clock goes in my room. I look up at the time 5:30 p.m. It has been thirty minutes since I started writing. I can remember various moments in my life that seen if it had happen yesterday. I remember I was eight years old when I got my first Barbie bicycle, every day I would try to get the perfect balance, until I finally achieved it. That day I was wearing blue jeans and a pink shirt with flowers of diverse colors.

Tic, tock, tic, tock I have reached middle school. It has been three years since I met all my friends. Three years ago that I got the news that my friend had past away, that moment I remember most. On a Friday afternoon, when Ale and I walked together home after school, I clearly stated “I’ll see you on Monday, OK.” Monday came and I never saw her again.

From this moment I realized that everything could occur under a blink of an eye. I believe it takes a second to change a life. It took a weekend, to realize that I must take advantage of life and the time that I have in this world. Cicero states, “The life given us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal,” I am not a cat with nine lives; I am a human with only one life.

Tic, tock, tic, tock my white clock hanging on the plain wall still goes. One day it will die too. Time runs through the yellow meadow as a cheetah does to catch its prey. Time controls my-our lives. Lets enjoy every second of it. Don’t let it fly by. Be aware every moment of life. I Believe Time Flies………