Paige - Dallas, Texas

I believe that everything happens for a reason. For the past four years my biggest goal was to attend Texas Christian University in the fall of 2007. I loved the idea of me being a horned frog; I loved the campus and honestly believed that it could be my home for the next four years. Every time I visited the campus I began to love TCU more and more and I could not wait to live there. I was so excited about TCU that I applied “early action” the first week the application was available. I knew what I wanted my plan to be for the next four years and I knew, or I guess thought I knew, that I would have the perfect life at TCU. When the letters from TCU came out I was informed that I was “deferred” from TCU but not to give up hope. I definitely did not give up and I was pleased that I had worked hard first semester of my senior year so I could send in my new transcript and hopefully be admitted. In December, I found out that I did not receive admission into Texas Christian University. I was so upset. I couldn’t believe that my “perfect plan” would not be coming true. I have lived my whole life knowing that everything happens for a reason and that God has a bigger, better plan than the one that I have for myself. I knew that. I completely understood that but I couldn’t seem to accept the fact that I wasn’t going to be a horned frog. It was so hard for me to understand that but I really tried to see this rejection in a positive light. I constantly told myself that everything happens for a reason and that I would have to figure out another plan that I will be happy with. Four months after I received that horrible letter from TCU, I decided that I will be attending the University of Arkansas in the fall. It is the end of May and I am finally beginning to see reasons that it is a positive thing for my not to go to TCU. Everything really does happen for a reason. God has a better plan for me than I could ever have for myself and I totally understand that now. Through this hard time in my life I have had to rely on my friends more than I ever had before. I strongly believe in the power of friendship. I believe that friends can help make any situation seem like it will get better. My best friends have been my best friends for twelve years now and I honestly do not know how I would have gotten through what I have gone through without them. We have all had our fair share of rough situations to get through and all of us have been there for one another. I am about to graduate from high school and I have never been so scared in my entire life. But I also believe that what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. Going to Arkansas could be the best thing to happen to me, I honestly believe that. I believe that everything happens the way it is supposed to. I believe that I will see all of my friends at thanksgiving than that everyone will be happy and healthy. I believe that God has an amazing plan for everyone and I can not wait to see what else he has planned for me. All of this I believe.